Lovers of literature in Seattle: celebrate the new home of Hugo House, “a place for writers,” on Saturday, September 22 from 5:00- 8:00 pm.
The new space is at 1634 Eleventh Avenue, on the corner of Eleventh and East Olive — “10,000 square feet designed by and for writers and readers.”
Hugo House invites the public to “explore all the nooks and crannies, catch pop-up readings, hear music, and find literary experiences around every corner.”
Here are some of the goings-on to enjoy:
- Special guest Maria Semple and emcee Nancy Guppy
- Performances and installations from Vis-à-Vis Society and more
- Pop-up readings from beloved local writers, including Anastacia-Renee, Quenton Baker, and Hugo House writers-in-residence Kristen Millares Young and Amber Flame
- Original literature-inspired music from The Bushwick Book Club
- A special edition of Works in Progress open mic from 5 – 5:45 pm (be one of the first writers to read on the new stage!) Keep readings to one piece, and three minutes max
- Afterparty from 8-10 pm with DJ Gabriel Teodros of KEXP
The event is free and open to the public.