Celebrate twenty years of Harry Potter … and twenty years of Third Place Books!
Harry Potter and Third Place Books were both born in 1998: is that a coincidence? Or was something magical afoot that fateful year in Lake Forest Park?
Either way, come celebrate the anniversaries of Harry and Third Place with an extra special party for all ages … AND get 20% off all Harry Potter books and merchandise* at Third Place Books’ Lake Forest Park location all day on September 5!
Here is your syllabus:
6pm – Story time! Younger fans can cozy up with bookseller Nikki in the Kids Section for a reading of the Harry Potter tie-in, The Tales of Beedle and the Bard
6:30 – Orientation I. A welcoming member of the wizard faculty will sort new wizards into their appropriate houses, with the help of a special hat
7pm – Potions Class I. Author Lynn Brunelle (Big Science for Little People; Pop Bottle Science; Turn This Book Into a Beehive) will demonstrate the finer points of elixirs, philters, tinctures, and other draughts and conoctions alchemical and magical.
7:30 – Orientation II. Latecomers may attend the second session with the sorting hat.
8pm – Potions Class II. Latecomers may attend the second session with Lynn Brunelle and her concoctions.
Activity table in Kids Section – coloring, puzzles, OWL Exams, and more!
Selfie Station & Instagram Costume Contest – take photos of you and your friends in your finest Wizardly regalia to post on social media.
Light snacks and Butterbeer in the Den
All are encouraged to dress as their favorite Harry Potter character, or as your own interpretation of a denizen of Hogwarts. There will be a selfie station for those who wish to also participate in the Instagram Costume Contest.
- Take a selfie at our Lake Forest Park store on Wednesday, September 5, between 6pm and 8:30pm
- Post your best selfie to Instagram by 11:59 pm on Wednesday night (9/5/18)
- Follow @thirdplacebooks on Instagram
- Use the hashtag #HP20TPB20
- We’ll announce winners in four categories:
- Pre-Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
- 4th to 8th Grade
- 9th to 12th grade
- Prizes TBA. But we promise they’ll be very cool.
- No group shots (needs to be clear that the the person posting is the person in the photo)
- We’ll announce the winners on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook on Friday, September 7. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes at the store.
No tickets or purchase necessary to attend Back to Hogwarts.
*20% discount applies to any book by guest author Lynn Brunelle.