Help Eagle Harbor Book Company support a team of Northwest women taking part in the annual Race to Alaska (R2K), a grueling 750 mile race from Port Townsend to Ketchikan, Alaska. The race rules allow no motor and no support at any time, all the way to Alaska! It requires physical endurance, salt water know-how, and bulldog tenacity to navigate the 750 cold water miles.
Team Sail Like a Girl is an all women crew competing in this year’s Race to Alaska (R2AK) to promote women in racing. They have grit, a true passion for the sea, sailing/rowing and the determination and persistence it takes to excel in this race. Even better, the owner of the boat, captain, and many of the crew are Bainbridge Island women!
Come by between to meet the team, hear about the race, and support them while you shop. The store will donate 20% from all purchases during those hours to Team Sail Like a Girl to support their journey.
Here’s the scoop:
- 8 wonder women (Team Sail Like a Girl)
- 7 demanding days (give or take)
- 3 awful long oars (gotta have a spare)
- 2 custom bikes (of sorts)
- 1 marvelous Melges 32 (engine removed)
- 750 grueling miles up the inside passage
- Dozens of family and friends who support their passion for adventure, their thirst for pushing the limits and their commitment to showing what strong women are capable of achieving.
Your support will help outfit the team and the boat with what they need to be competitive and safe. Any funds raised in excess of boat/race expenses will be donated to the Pink Boat Regatta in support of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Bring the whole family to meet these inspiring women in person. We want to know what they’re reading. You may want to ask them other things, like how they train, or who inspired them, or how they will sleep and cook in these very cramped quarters of the boat. Each of them has a story to tell!
So join Eagle Harbor Book Company and Team Sail Like a Girl tonight for truly exciting evening!