Today’s the last day to nominate a town for a $500,000 Small Business Revolution on Main Street Award! (Sorry I didn’t let you know earlier; I just found out about it from independent bookstore Bank Square Books in Mystic, CT.) This contest is a great opportunity for communities whose local businesses could use a hand.
Click on this link to go to the contest’s page to nominate a small town that you think could benefit.
Here’s a quick overview:
The winning town will receive a $500,000 Main Street makeover, including:
- Deluxe marketing services for small businesses in the community
- Strategic support and guidance from celebrity entrepreneur Robert Herjavec
- Revitalized public spaces, store fronts and more, designed to protect and reinvigorate the sense of community
- Starring role in online video series, and the chance to tell the world what your town has to offer to residents and visitors alike
Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges from Deluxe, as well as celebrity entrepreneur Robert Herjavec. Nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
- Challenges faced by local small businesses
- Challenges faced by the town
- Potential uses for and impact to be made by the “Small Business Revolution on Main Street” Award
- Need for support and services for local businesses and communities
Nominations accepted now through January 28, and small towns must have fewer than 50,000 residents to be considered. Finalists will be announced by Deluxe and a panel of judges, and put to vote during National Small Business Week, May 1-7. At that point, the public will be invited to vote and help choose the winning small town that would benefit from an investment on its main street.