• EDITORIAL COORDINATOR Sasquatch Books is seeking a detail-oriented and enthusiastic Editorial Coordinator. This essential position provides administrative support to acquisition and production editors to ensure smooth and effective workflow throughout the editorial group. The Editorial Coordinator is a consummate team player who is detail- and process-oriented and can juggle a variety of work in an organized and clear manner for a busy and diverse team of editors.
Key responsibilities include tracking, reading, and evaluating unsolicited manuscripts; managing agendas and recording minutes for weekly editorial, design, and acquisition meetings; processing new title contracts and building book P&Ls; and supporting editorial production with tasks such as fact-checking, proofreading, and serving as a second set of eyes.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- BA in English or related degree.
- Certificate in Editing and/or experience in proofreading and copyediting
- Familiar with Mac computers and applications, especially Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with and experience using Chicago Manual of Style a bonus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and calm under pressure.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Editorial_job@sasquatchbooks.com by April 22, 2016. No phone calls, please.
• ASSISTANT DESIGNER Sasquatch Books is seeking a creative and enthusiastic part-time Assistant Designer to join our team. The Assistant Designer will play an integral role in the department by assisting in various stages of book design and production.
Key responsibilities include design and layout of marketing materials such as ads, postcards, and catalogs; attending weekly design meetings; and supporting the department with projects such as cover concepting, interior layout, and prepress tasks.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Strong understanding and application of typography
- Interest in books, especially in the genres that Sasquatch publishes
- Can work independently and takes initiative
- Receptive to feedback and design direction
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and design samples or portfolio to Design_job@sasquatchbooks.com by April 22, 2016. No phone calls, please.
ABOUT SASQUATCH BOOKS
Sasquatch Books is a regional book publisher that specializes in cookbooks, children’s books, outdoor recreation guides, and literary nonfiction based in the Pacific Northwest.
STORES FOR SALE/PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
• STANWOOD, WA: For Sale, Snow Goose Books & Frames
“As the old saying goes, time passes quickly when you’re having fun, and our time at the Goose has been a pleasure and a privilege. But the passing of the years has meant one other thing–namely, we got, well, old. So after much rumination, we’ve decided to hang up our bookselling shoes, and are now actively looking for someone–maybe even you–to become the proud new owner of Snow Goose Books & Frames.”
Contact Mark Kaufman at Paz & Associates, 904-277-2664.
• SEATTLE, WA: For Sale, Open Books: A Poem Emporium
After more than 20 years running Seattle’s poetry-only bookstore, John Marshall and Christine Deavel are ready to hand over the keys to the shop. Read Marshall’s announcement letter at The Seattle Review of Books.
Click here for contact info.
PNBA members receive free classified ads in NW Book Lovers. NWBL will list conferences, workshops, contests, and calls for authors as a service to our readers. NWBL charges for all other advertising. Contact PNBA for more information.
• PENDLETON, OR: For Sale, store fixtures
1 ingenico iCT220 counter top credit card reader used only 5 weeks, equipped to accept chip cards
1 56-pocket acrylic card rack spinner with additional 20 pockets to put on the ends of the racks for total of 76 pockets
2 48-pocket acrylic card rack spinners
1 acrylic counter top display rack, 4 tiers, 11 1/2″ wide x 10″ deep x 9 1/4″ tall
1 acrylic counter top or wall mount display rack, 4 tiers, 16 1/4″ wide x 12″ deep x 16″ tall
2 acrylic easel bookstands or wall mounts 16″ no lip
2 acrylic display shelves, wall mount 24″x 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ with lip
Lots of acrylic easel bookstands or wall mounts 6″ no lip
Lots of acrylic easel bookstands 4″ no lip
Lots of white wire bookstands , 2 wire & 3 wire
Lots of white wire bookstands, 3 wire
4 37 1/2″ wide X 48 ” tall X 7 1/4″ deep wooden bookshelves open back 5 shelves
5 72″wide X 37 1/2″tall X 8 1/4″ deep wooden bookshelves open back 7 shelves
Contact Terry Dallas, 541-276-7323